As the world was locking down in 2020, a group of us started new online initiatives. Coast2Coast is a zoominar series (seminars on zoom) and Coast2Cast is a podcast where our listeners learn “curious and less curious things” about coastal scientists and engineers.
- Here you can read the paper
- Here you can find the recordings for #Coast2Coast
- Here you can listen to the #Coast2Cast podcast
- Two new online initiatives provided unexpected benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Both initiatives contributed to creating a sense of community and belonging for the researchers involved.
- The main prerequisite was high-quality and impactful research.
- Diversity and inclusion were considered a priority, thus increasing diversity and inclusion.
- Our results suggest that there is a place for short online events in a pandemic-free future.