The Geocoastal Research Group is involved in a variety of projects ranging from river bank collapse and lake evolution, to beach and coral reef processes and deep-sea slope failures and sedimentation. Here you can learn about the strengths of the Geocoastal Research Group at the University of Sydney and the techniques and equipment that our scientists use to study such a wide variety of geological environments.
Key research areas of the Geocoastal Research Group include:
- Coastal and near shore processes
- Coral reef geology/geomorphology
- Lake and estuarine sediments
- River systems and riverbank stability
- Deep marine sedimentary systems
- Paleoclimate and paleoenvironmental change
The Geocoastal Research Group collaborates with many national and international research institutions as well as industry partners.